Our Welsh Commitment
At Itec we believe that the Welsh language is a valuable workplace skill, now and for the future.
We are proud of our Welsh heritage and recognise the importance of Welsh language and culture, pro-actively supporting the Welsh Government’s ambition of a million Welsh speakers by 2050.
We support this objective by our commitment to:
• Promoting the benefits of the Welsh language and culture to all our learners, employers and employees across our programmes in Wales.
• Encouraging our employees and learners to develop their Welsh language skills.
• Providing learners the opportunity to complete their qualification in Welsh or bilingually.
• Providing Welsh language work placements.
• Promoting Welsh culture through our curriculum and awareness days.
We work in collaboration with Y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol to encourage learners to use and develop their Welsh language abilities. The aim of Coleg Cymraeg is to create training and study opportunities in Welsh and inspire learners and apprentices to use the Welsh skills they have. You can read more about the work of Coleg Cymraeg here.
Apprenticeship Opportunities Available
Apprenticeship Welsh Bilingual Provision Available
- Health and Social Care- Level 2 and 3
Delivered by our partners
- Level 2 Health and Social Care Adult (Cymraeg / Bilingual)
Level 3 Health and Social Care Adult (Cymraeg / Bilingual)
Delivery areas: South Wales
- Level 2 Activity Leadership (Cymraeg / Bilingual)
- Level 3 Sports Development (Cymraeg / Bilingual)
- Level 2 and Level 3 Childrens Care, Play, Learning and Development (Cymraeg / Bilingual)
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (Cymraeg)
- Level 3 Outdoor Programmes (Cymraeg / Bilingual)
- Level 2 and Level 3 Youth Work (Cymraeg / Bilingual)
Delivery areas: Pan Wales
If you are interested in any qualifications not listed above, please email email@example.com
Our Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Ambassadors are incredibly enthusiastic about the Welsh language and are here to support raising awareness for Welsh in the workplace.
Welsh Language Officer
If you have any queries regarding studying in Welsh please contact our Welsh Language Officer Angharad.
There are many benefits to doing an apprenticeship or course through the Welsh language, some of which include:-
- Opens doors and creates new opportunities
- Welsh is a valued work skill within most businesses in Wales
- Help you explore and engage in your local community
- Understanding two languages can be beneficial or the brain
- You can be a part of two cultures
- There is an increasing demand for people who can work bilingually
To read some inspiring stories of people who are studying and using the Welsh Language, click the link below.
You can access a selection of Welsh resources by clicking the link below.
- Free courses
- Useful links
- Apps & Software
- Downloadable Resources