Itec Skills & Employment Social Media Giveaway February 2022 – Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter of This Promotion (The “Promotion”) Is Itec Skills and Employment, Itec House, Penarth Road, Llandough, Cardiff, CF11 8TT.
- The promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 16 or over. Excluding employees or family members of the promoter, it’s agents or contractors or any other person whom, in the promoter’s reasonable opinion, should be excluded because of their involvement or connection with the promoter or this promotion.
- Entrants must have an Instagram and Facebook account.
- To validly enter this promotion:
Entrants must Like the post, like our Facebook page and tag a friend in the comments on the post to enter on Facebook / Like the post, follow our Instagram page and share the post to their Instagram stories tagging Itec skills on Instagram.
- This promotion begins on the date that the competition post is made by the promoter and closes at 23.59 local time in the United Kingdom on 28 February 2022 (The “Close of The Promotion”). All entries to this promotion must be posted no later than the close of the promotion. Any entries posted after the close of the promotion shall be void. Once all the entry requirements have been fulfilled, entrants shall be entered into the promotion and shall remain entered in the promotion for as long as all entry requirements are fulfilled.
- One winner (The “Winner”) will be selected at random via online generator (https://randomchoicegenerator.com/) from all valid entries received by the close of the promotion. The winner will receive a £50 Amazon voucher as their prize.
- The winner will be notified by the promoter or a third party on behalf of the promoter via private message on Instagram/Facebook on Tuesday 1st March 2022 of the close of the promotion. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours of being notified of their win, their prize shall be forfeited, and a replacement winner will be selected in accordance with clause 6 above. Due to the nature of Instagram/Facebook, it is acknowledged by entrants that it will not be possible for the promoter to see entries or to contact entrants by private message if their Instagram/Facebook account is set to ‘private’. Should a winner be uncontactable (within a 24-hour period) because their account is set to private, their prize shall be forfeited and a replacement winner will be selected in accordance with clause 6 and 7. A winner will be selected in accordance with clause 6, 7 and clause 8 until the prize is conclusively awarded.
- The promoter reserves the right, both on their behalf and on behalf of any third party involved in the administration of the promotion, to validate any claim made by the winner and may ask for proof of identity and/or age and/or address. Failure to provide any documentation requested within 7 days of request shall result in the entry of the winner immediately becoming void. In this case, the prize shall be forfeited, and a different winner will be selected in accordance with clause 6 above. A winner will be selected in accordance with clauses 6, 7 and 8 until the prize is conclusively awarded.
- The prize shall be delivered to the winner at a time, date, and location to be agreed once the promoter has validated any claim. The promoter is not responsible for any change in the postal address of any winner or for any issues associated with the winner’s failure to take delivery of the prize. The winner agrees to their name and social media handle being posted by the promoter and its commercial partners on Instagram/Facebook to congratulate them on their win, should the promoter wish to do so. Public announcement shall not be used as the means to notify the winner of the fact that they have won the prize.
- This promotion is free to enter.
- Entry into this promotion signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions (the “terms and conditions”). Entrants must also ensure that anyone tagged in the competition post is also aware of and accepts these terms and conditions.
- Entrants that do not have an account on Instagram/Facebook will need to create one to participate in this promotion. Instagram/Facebook accounts are free to create. Any entries submitted via any other means will not be accepted. Entrants confirm that their Instagram or Facebook account does not contain material that is:
A) Obscene, defamatory, offensive, embarrassing, violent, harassing, threatening, false, illegal or misleading.
B) May cause alarm, upset, or distress.
C) Or is otherwise unlawful. Internet access is required.
- By submitting an entry:
A) Entrants grant the promoter:
1) Permission for their entry post to the promotion and any images, videos or other content contained within such post (collectively, the “entry post”) to be published on the website and social media channels of the promoter, and entrants grant the promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, re-publish, edit and/or modify the entry post in any/all media for purposes connected with the promotion and as described in these terms and conditions. Furthermore, the entrant procures the waiver of moral rights in the entry post to which the entrant is now or may at any future time be entitled under chapter iv of the copyright designs and patents act 1988 or any similar provisions of law in any jurisdiction, including (but without limitation) the right to be identified, the right of integrity and the right against false attribution, and agrees not to institute, support, maintain or permit any action or claim to the effect that any treatment, exploitation or use of such entry post or other materials infringes the entrant’s moral rights. To the extent that any third parties are featured in the entry post, the entrant shall procure the foregoing waiver from such third parties. Notwithstanding this, the entrant shall retain ownership of their entry post; and
2) The right to use their name and social media handle (as featured on the social media platform on which their entry is posted) for the sole purpose of identifying the entrant as the author of the entry post.
B) Entrants warrant that the entry post is their own work and does not contain content that: (a) is an infringement of any third party intellectual property or contains any third party material/content that the entrant does not have both (i) permission to use in the entry post; and (ii) authority on behalf of the relevant third party to grant to the promoter all of the rights required by the promoter as set out in these terms and conditions; (b) contains any trademarks; (c) is private or confidential; (d) shows, encourages or condones inappropriate or dangerous behaviour; (e) is obscene, defamatory, anti-religious, homophobic, distasteful, offensive, embarrassing, violent, bullying, harassing, threatening, explicit, false, illegal or misleading; (f) is in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by the entrant to third parties; (f) may cause alarm, upset or distress; or (g) is otherwise unlawful. Any entry posts suspected of violating the above rules will be disqualified from the promotion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the promoter shall be entitled to disqualify any entries (i) if, in the promoter’s sole discretion, the entry contains any unacceptable content to the promoter; or (ii) if the promoter reasonably believes that, notwithstanding the entrant’s acceptance of these terms and conditions, a breach of these terms and conditions has or is likely to have occurred.
- Entries that are not made in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be accepted. The promoter also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant(s) that it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour or and to disqualify any entry which the promoter believes is fraudulent furthermore, the promoter reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or entry if, in its reasonable opinion, the promoter believes that the entrant or entry may bring the promoter, its brand or the promotion into disrepute. The promoter reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
- Entries must be made personally by the entrant and any entries made through agents/third parties, organised groups, automatically generated by a computer or any entry duplication method shall be invalid and will not be accepted.
- The promoter does not accept any responsibility for any entries that are lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, delayed or rendered invalid due to incorrect entrant data, lack of network coverage, system, software, or hardware failure or for any other reason whatsoever. All such entries will be void.
- Proof of posting an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of such entry by the promoter and the promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non-receipt, incomplete receipt, or the late receipt of an entry for any reason whatsoever or for any associated costs to entrants. The promoter does not guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to any entry route to this promotion and the promoter accept no responsibility for issues of any nature encountered by entrants associated with their entry into this promotion or use of any prize.
- The decision of the promoter is final, and no correspondence or negotiation will be entered.
- The promoter, its agents and commercial partners exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any liability for:
(a) Any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the promotion or with the acceptance or possession of any prize (other than those warranties or conditions implied by statute, and which cannot be excluded);
(b) The accuracy or otherwise of any description or illustration of any prize.
(c) Any loss, damage, non-availability or late receipt of any prize or any communication associated with this promotion; and
(d) Any fees, charges, taxes, or other costs which any winner may be required to pay in connection with any prize. The promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage suffered by the entrant or any other person relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the promotion. The promoter will not be liable for failure or delay in delivery or performance of their obligations under these terms and conditions in the event of any unforeseen cause beyond its control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure. The promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- The promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or temporarily suspend this promotion and amend these terms and conditions at any time, in its absolute discretion, without prior notice, if the promoter considers it necessary to do so.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Instagram or Facebook is not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this promotion. By entering this promotion, entrants hereby agree to release Instagram and Facebook from all liability whatsoever (except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law).
- These rules and any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The promoter and each entrant irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these rules or the legal relationships established by this agreement.