Media interview /relations training in London
This is a very practical and participative course, run by experienced journalists/trainers. It offers advice and techniques on every aspect of a media interview, from preparation through to body language and clothing. This training will give you the confidence and skills you need to inspire your audience and get your messages across.
Over the day you will cover:
- understanding the media agenda
- how to prepare for an interview
- identifying what you want to achieve
- understanding your audience
- who are they?
- how they listen and what they hear
- what they remember
- developing and supporting your messages
- message development
- using high impact language and examples
- using information and ‘killer facts’ to keep attention and raise awareness
- handling questions
- anticipating and dealing with questions
- staying in control of the interview
- techniques to get your messages across under fire
- good news and bad news interviews
- creating a positive and powerful personal style
- being an effective spokesperson, embodying the brand of your organisation
- body language
- dressing for TV
- image management
- using your voice effectively
- developing your confidence and handling nerves
- staying calm under pressure
- techniques to focus, and use your adrenalin positively
This is a ‘hands-on’ course that combines training sessions with lots of practical exercises. All participants undertake a television and radio interview and take home a film of their performance.
The course also includes a year of free support from your trainer.
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download.