This is an in-depth, one-day course and the content and delivery of the programme is underpinned by first-hand experience in the tendering and proposal-writing business. The day will balance the theoretical and practical aspects of the subject, and participants will be involved in case study work, group discussion and self-reflection in order to encourage critical evaluation of different elements of preparing tenders and proposals. The course will cover:
Laying the groundwork
- what business are we in?
- what are our unique selling points?
- who is our competition?
- SWOT analysis
The Goldilocks place
- balance of ideas, people and price
The strategy and tactics of bidding
- key elements of bidding and how to apply them to specific situations
- reading the RFP – what do they really want and do we want to do it?
- consultative selling
Writing the Tender or proposal
- style and structure
- costing your proposal
- pitfalls to avoid
- countdown to submission
Presenting the proposal
- called to interview
- developing your presentation
- handling objections
- getting your messages across
- competing in the Beauty Parade
Building long term relationships after the contract
- relationship marketing
- building long-term partnerships with your customers
- overcoming problems
- value-added services
Group assignments, presentations, feedback and final discussion
A year of free support
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download.