The one-day course will cover:
- your values and how they impact on your negotiations
- understanding the nature of the gap between you and the other party
- what does win:win really mean?
- preparing for a negotiation
- know yourself and your preferred negotiation style
- being clear about your aims, setting objectives
- finding out as much as you can about the other party’s needs and aspirations
- developing a strategy for success
- conducting a negotiation
- establishing a productive environment
- your negotiating team and their roles
- opening a negotiation
- five top tips for negotiators
- recognising and dealing with ‘underhand’ tactics and manipulation
- finding imaginative solutions rather than beating the other party into the ground
- skills you will need
- assertiveness – how to be assertive, but not aggressive, in negotiations
- questioning skills
- listening skills
- summarising and synthesising skills
This course is highly interactive, with opportunities to practise individual skills in communication techniques.
Still not sure if this is the right course for you? Take a look at our top tips for successful negotiation, to give you a taste of the course content, as well as some free, handy advice on negotiation!