Junior Software Developer
Employer: GR Digital
GR Digital is a Swansea based full-service agency with 3 primary departments that together work to provide the best possible service and results to all of our clients. We have a very client-centric approach to everything we do. We pride ourselves on having a very relaxed and rewarding working environment that promotes creativity and intuitive thinking.
They’re looking for a Junior Software Developer to join their growing development team that has a passion for gaming and a desire to make a career out of working with them. The main focus of your workload will be on maintaining and developing features for their existing applications alongside their Lead Developer, as well as exploring opportunities for new products and opportunities. You will report directly to their Lead Developer who will work with you to develop upon your existing skillset.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include working on your assigned tasks in a shared codebase, discussing progress with your colleagues, addressing the feedback for your work as well as providing feedback for others alongside testing, maintaining and improving our existing codebases, developing your own skills and knowledge in the process
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study, or 2 years of experience
- An interest in gaming is highly encouraged, whether console, PC or otherwise
- The desire to learn and improve your programming ability
- Understanding of comp-sci fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, type theory, etc)
- A self-starter who can take ownership of their assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to take constructive criticism and a desire to learn in your own time
- Knowledge of web fundamentals (HTTP, HTML, CSS, JS)
- Proficiency with common development tools – git, batch/sh, etc Nice To Haves
- Above average math knowledge (calculus, linear algebra)
- Knowledge of systems programming languages (Rust, C, C++, Zig, C#, Java, Go, etc)
They currently have flexible working policies in place to ensure that all employees are kept safe during the COVID pandemic. They are currently working remotely, but have intentions of returning to the office before year end. It will be a requirement of any successful candidate to attend the office.