The course deals with some technical aspects of HR, including employment law and good practice, ensuring you recruit the right people and get the best from them. Whilst the course looks at the technical issues of HR, no previous knowledge of HR law and practices is needed.
Over the day you will learn how to:
- work within the parameters of employment law:
- understand basic employment and employer responsibilities
- ensure that employment law is used to secure your organisational outcomes
- understand how to utilise employment law advice effectively
- plan to ensure that you attract the best candidates to your organisation and select them objectively and effectively:
- understand the principles of job design, person specification and recruitment methods
- explore the range of channels from which to source great talent for your organisation
- make best use of management and development processes
- address some of the most challenging issues for people managers; conduct, capability and coming to work (absence management)
- exploring what we mean by conduct, capability and coming to work
- discuss how to manage absent employees firmly and fairly
- deal with challenging employee situations
- understand how to differentiate between conduct and capability
- best practice for managing issues of conduct and capability
- discover the fundamentals of a HR strategy to take your organisation forward
- a year of free support
Delegates are encouraged to bring real-life issues with them to the course. You will have the opportunity to discuss how to resolve these issues in a confidential environment with the support of our HR specialist and other managers in similar situations.
Our human resources course takes place at the Centre’s Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.