Throughout our Digital writing training course you will be shown how readers look at screens, and how to structure your writing accordingly. You will learn the right style and tone for your organisation online and will see how to structure your copy to keep readers reading and clicking on your links. By the end of the day you will feel confident of developments online and able to write powerful content quickly and effectively.
Over the day you will cover:
Digital writing – the essentials
- why people leave websites, and what will make them stay
- what is copywriting and how is it different to other forms of writing?
- the right style and tone for your audience
- how users look at websites and blogs – writing for scanability
- structuring for success – headings and subheadings pull readers in
- call to action – motivate your readers
- increasing Facebook interaction through headings
Search engine optimisation
- write for the user: an up-to-date approach
- long-tail keywords and why they work
- your corporate blog as a strategic tool
- scheduling and promoting blog content
- top tips on writing a corporate blog
- driving traffic through Twitter
- persuasive writing
- building around the benefit to readers
Writing eNews – the essentials
- the From address
- subject lines that stand out in the inbox
- writing effective teasers – using your eNewsletter to drive traffic back to your site
Digital writing exercise
- choose between two briefs and put everything you’ve learnt into action
Evaluating your own writing and the writing of others
- evaluation and feedback exercise
Plus a year of free support.
All our training courses are delivered virtually. The webinar systems used do not require software download.