Welsh Language and Culture
At Itec, we are proud of our Welsh heritage and recognise the importance of Welsh language and culture, pro-actively supporting the Welsh Government’s ambition of a million Welsh speakers by 2050.
We support this objective by our commitment to:
- Promoting the benefits and importance of the Welsh language and culture to all our learners, employers and employees across all of our programmes in Wales.
- Encouraging our employees and learners to develop their Welsh language skills through learning opportunities.
- Providing learners the opportunity to complete their qualification in Welsh or bilingually.
- Providing Welsh language work placements.
- Promoting Welsh culture through our curriculum and awareness days.
We believe that the Welsh language is a valuable workplace skill, now and for the future. We are continually working towards improving our services and resources to provide opportunities for our learners to learn through the medium of Welsh or bilingually and to increase their awareness of Welsh culture.