Salon Trainee – JGW+
JGW+ Level: Level 1
Employer: Blush Hair Salon
Location: 25 High St, Llandaff, Cardiff CF5 2DY
Hours of Work: 37
Salary: £55 per week
Positions Available: 1
Please send your CV along with a description of why you think you would be suitable for this Job Growth Wales + position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also include a contact number so we can call you to discuss interview dates.
This Trainee opportunity is full-time position.
You would be involved with assisting with the upkeep of the salon, dealing with clients, observing and supporting hairdressing services and assisting colleagues. You will develop valuable practical experience by working in a salon environment and being exposed to a high standard of professional hairdressing on a day-to-day basis.
The practical skills you learn will be underpinned by the theoretical aspects and gain a nationally recognised hairdressing qualification certificate.
- Maintaining a safe, healthy and clean environment.
- Assisting senior colleagues to support delivery of salon services.
- Engaging positively with clients and promoting a positive image of yourself and the salon.
- Greeting and gowning clients in readiness for hairdressing services.
- Preparing tools, equipment and products for services.
- Carrying out shampooing, conditioning treatments, removing colours and any other tasks deemed suitable under supervision, if required.
- Answering the telephone, dealing with enquiries and making appointments.
- Processing client payments.
- Making and serving refreshments for clients.
- Promoting salon services and products.
- Ensuring the salon is clean and tidy at the end of the day.
- Commitment to training by attending all training session, assessments and reviews.
We are looking for a dedicated, hard-working trainee who is passionate about Hair and Beauty. Always striving to learn and displaying a pro-active can-do attitude.
- Good communication skills
- A polite, professional and friendly manner is essential at all times.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work to consistently high standards
- Cooperative and a team player
- Eager to learn