Learner Support Coordinator
Salary Banding: £22,000
Location: Abertillery and Abergavenny
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 35 Hours a week, Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Conduct regular and comprehensive progress reviews for JGW+ Learners, assessing their achievements, challenges, and overall achievement of ILP.
- Provide individualised support to learners based on progress reviews, addressing specific needs and challenges to ensure successful participation in the programme.
- Collaborate with learners to set realistic goals and develop action plans, tracking progress and adjusting strategies as needed.
- Collaborate and foster clear communication with JGW+ team members, and relevant stakeholders to ensure a coordinated approach to learner support.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of learner progress, utilising data management systems and digital platforms to track achievements, milestones, and areas for improvement.
- Provide constructive feedback to learners, offering guidance on overcoming challenges and maximising opportunities for skill development and employability.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to provide additional support services, workshops, or training sessions tailored to meet learner needs.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of learner support initiatives, recommending adjustments to enhance overall programme outcomes.
- Work closely with experienced Learner Coaches and programme staff to support the progression and personal development of Learners.
- Collaborate with the team to assess the needs of individual Learners and tailor EILP and review plans accordingly.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes youth empowerment and confidence building.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- A strong passion for working with young people and supporting their growth.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Full Driving Licence and use of own vehicle
- Previous experience in coaching, mentoring, or working with youth is beneficial but not required.
Why Work with us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.