Salary Banding: £22,000 – £24,000 based on skills and Experience
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for the pastoral care and wellbeing support of all learners.
- Responsible for the identification of learner personal support needs
- Responsible for being point of contact for all safeguarding issues
- Develop appropriate links and maintain good working relationships with external support organisations where appropriate and required.
- Responsible for conducting learner interviews and inductions including, meeting and greeting all learners, completing and checking all relevant documentation, delivering structured induction session and making sure all learners have a clear understanding of the provision and programme.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of working with disengaged youths and challenging behaviour
- Good knowledge of safeguarding requirements within youth provisions
- Ability to motivate and inspire young people starting on their career paths.
- Passionate about working with young people and making a difference.
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to work to multiple deadlines and priorities
- Learning Coach L4 Qualification or equivalent or willing to working towards
- Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Welsh speaking would be advantageous
Why Work with Us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.