Salary Banding: £22,000 to £24,000 based on skills and Experience
Base: Covering Abergavenny and Brynmawr
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Wednesday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for the pastoral care and wellbeing support of all learners.
- Responsible for the identification of learner personal support needs
- Responsible for being point of contact for all safeguarding issues
- Develop appropriate links and maintain good working relationships with external support organisations where appropriate and required.
- Responsible for conducting learner interviews and inductions including, meeting and greeting all learners, completing and checking all relevant documentation, delivering structured induction session and making sure all learners have a clear understanding of the provision and programme.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of working with disengaged youths and challenging behaviour
- Good knowledge of safeguarding requirements within youth provisions
- Ability to motivate and inspire young people starting on their career paths
- Passionate about working with young people and making a difference
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to work to multiple deadlines and priorities
- Learning Coach L4 Qualification or equivalent or willing to working towards
- Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Welsh speaking would be advantageous
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyesight care scheme
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS discount card