Salary Banding: £20,800 to £23,000 based on skills and experience.
Base: Itec House with remote working and centre visits
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- To assist in the setting up of examination rooms
- Setting out examination papers and stationery prior to the examination
- Displaying starting and finishing times for the exams on the boards
- Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues.
- Marking the attendance register
- To ensure no inappropriate items are brought into the examination rooms, such as mobile phones, personal stereos, revision notes or other paperwork unless told otherwise.
- Ensure that all Learners are provided with a calm environment for their exams.
- Ensuring that the conduct of the exam takes place within the guidelines set out.
- Continually monitor the candidates to prevent unfair practice.
- Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside examination rooms.
- Dealing with any disturbances to the exam.
- Escorting candidates from venues during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues.
- Ensuring that invigilation paperwork including, attendance registers and incident reports are complete and returned to the relevant team.
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- Admin tasks will form part of this role, e.g., filling envelopes.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Sound educational background
- Good level of IT experience in Microsoft office
- Proven experience within an administrative role
- Experience of Work based learning.
Why Work for Us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.