Essential Skills Tutor
Salary: £24,500 to £27,000
Base: Itec House, Cardiff
Geographical area: Covering South Wales, a regional area, travelling to visit learners in workplace to undertake assessments.
Contract type: – Full time, working Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for providing literacy, numeracy and digital literacy support within workshops or one to one setting with learners to ensure their timely achievement of Essential Skills qualifications, Framework and to ensure they achieve their full potential.
- Responsible for registering, arranging, conducting and invigilating controlled tasks with learners undertaking their Essential Skills Qualification in line with award body requirements.
- Responsible for carrying out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities and attending standardisation
- Accountable for supporting and fully engaging learners and employers in the qualification.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working within Work Based Learning and to Award Body standards.
- Experience of delivering Essential Skills Qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to speak Welsh desirable.
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle
Why Work with us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.