Essential Skills Tutor
Salary Banding: £24,500 to £27,000
Location: Covering Neath, Port talbot and South Wales
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Providing literacy, numeracy and digital literacy support to learners within workshop or one to one setting.
- Timely achievement of their Essential Skills qualifications
- Registering, arranging, conducting and invigilating controlled tasks with learners
- Responsible for carrying out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking.
- Maintaining quality standards.
- Maintaining accurate, up to date records of all assessment activities
- Monitor and ensure the timely completion and accuracy of all learner documentation required.
- Covering a regional area, travelling to visit learners at various Itec Centre locations.
- Contributing to the planning, monitoring and achievement of agreed performance targets
- continuously developing learning materials and resources to support delivery requirements.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with learners and colleagues
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of Work Based Learning and Award Body practices.
- Experience of delivering Essential Skills Qualifications up to Level 2
- Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
- Qualified Assessor qualification or with the potential and willingness to work towards
- City & Guilds 9300 Level 2 in supporting Adults and Young People in Essential Skills
- L3 Essential Skills Practitioner Certificate
Why Work with us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.