Curriculum Coordinator – Core Skills
Salary Banding: £28,000 to £33,280 per annum.
Location: Itec House, Cardiff
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00am to 4:30pm.
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for helping shape the learning agenda in the development, quality and compliance of the organisation’s core skills teaching, training, and learning resources.
- Responsible for ensuing opportunities to embed Prevent and British Values, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) is embedded within learning materials, with current and relevant topics to the learner audience.
- Based on research and clear articulation of learners needs, identify and implement/ facilitate implementation of innovative learning, digital agenda and hybrid learning resources to enhance our offer and services to our learners.
- Establish collaborative working relationship and effective communication with sector leads, attending and participating in standardisation meetings.
- Accountable for quality assuring learning resources ensuring compliance with company branding standards and document control procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring learning resources meet Award Body standards and learners needs.
- Sampling and auditing learning resources, ensuring learning resources are evaluated, effective and embedded across the business.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Development of curriculum resources, specifically within core skills,
- Experience of building sustainable relationships with senior managers and colleagues.
- Experience in developing, teaching, training, and learning resources, quality assurance and compliance in core skills.
- The ability to translate business goals and strategies into practice.
- Strong ICT, digital knowledge, and skills.
- Experience of working within the work-based sector.
- Experience of delivering engaging curriculums / learners’ sessions to a variety of learners ability.
- Relevant teaching or assessing qualifications.
- Using and maintain information platforms (SharePoint).
Why Work with Us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.