Associate IQA – Health and Social Care, Up to Level 5
Job title: Associate IQA
Location: South Wales
This role is subject to a DBS check, the cost of the DBS check will be met by the company
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- To develop relevant Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes.
- Responsible for managing sampling and verification activities.
- Ensuring that all IQA activities continually meet the needs of the learners, exceed the requirements of Awarding Organisations, Welsh Government, Estyn and Itec
- Contribute to ongoing cycle of standardisation meetings for Assessors to ensure best practice.
- Manage delivery models and other resources to embed a consistent and standardised approach to delivery.
- Accountable for ensuring literacy and numeracy are embedded throughout the learning programme
- Accountable for ensuing Assessors embed the cross cutting themes of Safeguarding/Prevent, ESDGC, Wales the Language and Culture, Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety/Well-being
- Complete regular sampling of Assessor activity to ensure consistency across the team
- Ensure sampling is completed and turned around within the timescales set
- Responsible for completing IQA reports to a high standard
- Participate in and/or manage EQA visits to ensure the visit schedule is adhered to, all portfolios requested are presented and meet the standards resulting in a positive visit
- Responsible for managing, planning and completing IQA observations of Assessors to ensure the IQA strategy is met
- To Coach and develop assessors
- Aid in the development of new qualifications and gain centre/scheme approval when necessary
- Contribute to current processes to ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of all qualifications to meet KPIs and exceed success rate targets
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Assessor and IQA qualification
- IQA experience.
- Occupational experience within the Health & Social Care sector, delivering up to Level 5.
- Full driving license
- To be competent to assess and verify the Welsh qualification