Salary Banding: Qualified to Level 7 £36,500-40,000 , Unqualified £32,000-£36,500.
Location: Itec House, Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF11 8TT
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: 35 Hours a week, Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of apprentice delivery in both Wales and England, ensuring compliance with respective regulations and requirements.
- A comprehensive understanding of safeguarding processes, demonstrating the ability to effectively implement and uphold them.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed agreed targets, consistently delivering successful outcomes.
- Familiarity with awarding bodies, end-point assessment, funding bodies, as well as regulatory bodies such as Ofsted and Estyn, ensuring compliance and adherence to their guidelines.
- A strong track record of working with learners who have additional learning needs, providing effective support and tailored learning experiences.
- Experience in liaising with employers and external agencies, establishing collaborative partnerships to enhance the learning journey and opportunities for learners.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-agency environment, fostering collaboration and cooperation among various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of appropriate provisions for learners with additional learning needs, ensuring inclusive and supportive environments for their development.
- Understanding of local and national funding streams/panels, enabling the development of integration programs, inclusive practices, and enhanced provision.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Grade A-C GCSEs in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 4 Certificate in Supporting the learning of learners with Special Educational Needs and disability (SEND)
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training ( or Equivalent) Teaching qualification or willingness to acquire
- Level 7 ALN/SEN and/or Level 7 JCQ access arrangements assessor qualification or a willingness to acquire
Why Work for Us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.