Learning Support Assistant
Salary Banding: £18,018
Contract type: Full time, Permanent.
Working hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Assist learners as required and appropriate to complete work assigned by tutors.
- Assist in the delivery of various learning programmes ensuring that learners are always engaged
- Engage and motivate the learners in the lessons.
- Ensuring the learners learning needs are adequately met.
- Helping learners to learn as effectively as possible, both in group situations and individually.
- Assisting the learners develop their skills and confidence.
- Support learners’ learning by the use of ICT and develop their maths and English skills
- Supporting the learners understanding, clarifying and explaining instructions
- Assist tutors in ensuring all learner paperwork is completed timely and compliant
- Up-date tutors on a daily basis on progress of learners
- Assist in the production of lesson plans for taught sessions and help to incorporate topics relating to whole class teaching, individual, paired, group and differentiated activities.
- Developing appropriate resources to support learners
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working with young people (16–18-year-olds) in a similar role.
- Classroom Assistant or learning support qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of delivering learning programme or providing 1-2-1 support
- Safeguarding & Prevent Knowledge and understanding
Why Work with Us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.