Trainee NVQ Assessor – Health and Social Care Level 2, 3 and 5
Salary Banding: £20,000 – £22,360 dependant on skills and experience
Location: Itec House, Cardiff
Geographical area: Opportunities in South and West Wales.
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: 35 Hours a week, Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Delivering apprenticeship qualifications to employed status learners.
- Providing a quality learning experience and journey
- Supporting learners to successfully achieve their qualifications in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to the planning, monitoring and achievement of agreed performance targets.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Occupational experience within the Health & Social Care sector.
- NVQ Qualification or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- Willingness to work towards Assessor Awards
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle
- Experience of working within Work Based Learning and to Award Body standards.
- Assessor qualification or equivalent and assessing experience.
Why Work with Us
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work. We are: –
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Mental Health first aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- NUS/ Totum discount card
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.