The apprenticeship in Childcare has been designed to support those working with and caring for children such as employees in the childcare or nursery sector.
This programme is designed to develop an understanding of children’s development, how to safeguard their wellbeing and promote good communication.
Who is it for?
- Those in any role involved in the care and development of children
- Eligibility criteria applies
- This apprenticeship is available at Level 2 and Level 3
- Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Essential Skills Wales
- Understanding and promoting child development
- Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children
- Supporting children’s health and safety
- Developing positive relationships with children and others involved in their care
- Promoting communication in health, social care or children’s settings
- Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you could move on to a higher level apprenticeship in Childcare or a Management apprenticeship