Youth Engagement Officer
Salary Banding: £22,000 – £24,000 based on skills and Experience
Base: Covering Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan and RCT
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Establish relationships with a variety of organisations such as other European social funded projects, schools, voluntary sector programmes and community-based facilities to attract new learners.
- Identify, engage and recruit new learners to Itec Jobs Growth Wales + programme
- Using a variety of sales, business development and marketing techniques to attract new learners
- Play an active part in the selling and endorsement of all Itec training products and services to attract new learners
- Arranging and attending promotional events to attract new learners and to raise the profile of the organisation as required
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working with young people
- Strong relevant local networks
- Full driving licence with the use of own vehicle
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyesight care scheme
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS discount card