Salary Banding: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum
Location: To Cover West Wales region. No remote working available for this role
Contract type: – Permanent, Full time
Working Pattern: – Monday to Friday 9:00am – 4.30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Adhering to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Displaying all values and personal moral qualities in line with the BACP Ethical Framework.
- Working within the ethical principles of the BACP good practice in counselling.
- Undertaking group and individual counselling therapy sessions, face to face or remotely via telephone or appropriate digital platforms.
- Responsible for agreeing a counselling contract with each learner to determine session content.
- Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with learners. .
- Working in partnership with external organisations, in relation to signposting, referrals, and organising talks / workshops.
- Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities and duties..
- Develop, facilitate and co-ordinate group training sessions for learners and employees.
- Recording and maintaining records, meetings and other associated documents.
- Effectively work with the delivery teams in supporting learners address barriers to positive progression.
- To support the business and centres with other activities as required.
- Provide guidance, support and advice to all learners and staff, as appropriate.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- A recognised diploma or degree in Counselling. Experience of working with young people and adults in a counselling setting.
- A member of the BACP or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
- Accredited member of BACP or equivalent
- Fluent in Welsh
- Knowledge of training industry.
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyesight care scheme
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS discount card