L1 Health and Social Care Qualification – Plantos Nursery
JGW+ Level: Level 1
Employer: Plantos Nursery
Location: Eastern Business Park, Wern Fawr House, Wern Fawr Lane, Cardiff, CF3 5XA
Hours of Work: 37
Salary: £55 per week
Positions Available: 1
Please send your CV along with a description of why you think you would be suitable for this Job Growth Wales + position, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include a contact number so we can call you to discuss interview dates.
This Trainee opportunity is full-time nursery nurse position.
Childcare and Education
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Observe, support and extend children’s learning.
- Plan appropriately for children using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Phase curriculum for guidance.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to additional/special needs and inclusion.
- Work with the management team to continuously improve the quality of childcare and education.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Child Protection Procedures.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Work with area ALNCOs, Foundation Phase advisors and health professionals as appropriate.
- Comply with the statutory framework for the Foundation Phase or relevant statutory regulations for Wales, relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools, area ALNCOs and other agencies that may visit the setting.
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
- Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Always ensure the general cleanliness of the children
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security and collection of children.
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness with bedding and nappy changing areas and food surface areas.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- Work with the manager and inspectors during inspections by regulatory bodies and to assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Work as a team with other staff members.
- Support and mentor students.
- Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities including appraisals, supervisions etc.
- Develop and promote parental partnership and involvement.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the company’s policies on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.