Essential Skills Tutor
Salary: £23,000 to £24,500
Base: Itec House, Cardiff
Geographical area: Covering South Wales, a regional area, travelling to visit learners in workplace to undertake assessments
Contract type:- Full time, working Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check, the cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for providing literacy, numeracy and digital literacy support within workshops or one to one settings with learners to ensure their timely achievement of Essential Skills qualifications, Framework and to ensure they achieve their full potential.
- Responsible for registering, arranging, conducting and invigilating controlled tasks with learners undertaking their Essential Skills Qualification in line with award body requirements
- Responsible for carrying out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities and attending standardisation
- Accountable for supporting and fully engaging learners and employers in the qualification
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working within Work Based Learning and to Award Body standards
- Experience of delivering Essential Skills Qualifications
- Excellent organisational skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to speak Welsh desirable
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Medicash – Healthcare scheme
- Length of Service Payment Scheme
- Employee of Month Awards.
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS/ Totum discount card
- Free Onsite parking