Salary Banding: £23,000
Base: Covering Cwmbran and Newport
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for participant Induction including, meeting and greeting all participants, completing and checking all relevant documentation, delivering the structured induction session and making sure all participants have a clear understanding of provision.
- Responsible for owning the participants Action Plan working in partnership with colleagues to discuss & digitally document the participant’s progression e.g., working with the Employability Trainer to review their latest employability skills progress.
- Working with participants and colleagues to develop an effective personalised programme of interventions for individual participants.
- delivering employability support, including job search guidance, soft skills development, motivational discussions and other appropriate support.
- liaising with the Employer Engagement team to source sustainable employment and placement opportunities for participants. Supporting a seamless transition to placement or directly to sustainable employment.
- Responsible for achieving contractual targets for attendance, sustained job outcome and participant satisfaction.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working with unemployed Adults
- Experience of working within a targeted / performance driven environment
- Motivational and inspirational attitude with a passion to inspire people
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills
- Full driving license with use of vehicle
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are
- Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
- Employee-Owned organisation
- Investors in People Gold
- Disability Confident Leader
- Living Wage Employer
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyesight care scheme
- Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Social & Charity Events
- Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
- Mobile Phones & Laptops (based on job role)
- NUS discount card