Salary Banding: £23,000
Base: Covering Newport and Cwmbran
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for participant Induction including, meeting and greeting all participants, completing and checking all relevant documentation, delivering the structured induction session and making sure all participants have a clear understanding of provision.
- Responsible for owning the participants Action Plan working in partnership with colleagues to discuss & digitally document the participant’s progression e.g., working with the Employability Trainer to review their latest employability skills progress.
- Working with participants and colleagues to develop an effective personalised programme of interventions for individual participants.
- delivering employability support, including job search guidance, soft skills development, motivational discussions and other appropriate support.
- liaising with the Employer Engagement team to source sustainable employment and placement opportunities for participants. Supporting a seamless transition to placement or directly to sustainable employment.
- Responsible for achieving contractual targets for attendance, sustained job outcome and participant satisfaction.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working with unemployed Adults
- Experience of working within a targeted / performance driven environment
- Motivational and inspirational attitude with a passion to inspire people
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills
- Full driving license with use of vehicle
Employee Ownership Trust
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work.
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Eyesight care scheme
- Gym Membership
- NUS discount card
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.