Salary Banding: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum
Location: South Wales
Contract type: – Permanent, Full time
Working Pattern: – Monday to Friday 9:00am – 4.30pm
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Adhering to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Displaying all values and personal moral qualities in line with the BACP Ethical Framework.
- Working within the ethical principles of the BACP good practice in counselling.
- Undertaking group and individual counselling therapy sessions, face to face or remotely via telephone or appropriate digital platforms.
- Responsible for agreeing a counselling contract with each learner to determine session content.
- Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with learners. .
- Working in partnership with external organisations, in relation to signposting, referrals, and organising talks / workshops.
- Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities and duties..
- Develop, facilitate and co-ordinate group training sessions for learners and employees.
- Recording and maintaining records, meetings and other associated documents.
- Effectively work with the delivery teams in supporting learners address barriers to positive progression.
- To support the business and centres with other activities as required.
- Provide guidance, support and advice to all learners and staff, as appropriate.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- A recognised diploma or degree in Counselling. Experience of working with young people and adults in a counselling setting.
- A member of the BACP or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
- Accredited member of BACP or equivalent
- Fluent in Welsh
- Knowledge of training industry.
Employee Ownership Trust
Itec is an Employee-Owned organisation. Our unique status allows our employees to have greater engagement and ownership in the future growth and success of Itec. At Itec we are passionate about our people and collaborative in the way we work.
As an Employee-Owned business, our people are our main asset, and everyone has a say in the direction that the business is heading. As a valued employee owner, you will be entitled to receive the below corporate benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Eyesight care scheme
- Gym Membership
- NUS discount card
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel expenses and business mileage
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EOT
The most tangible advantage of being an Employee Ownership Trust is our annual bonus; this percentage is determined by the overall performance of the organisation and subject to qualifying criteria.